It was one of those nights. You know the one where you go to bed so tired and worn out. Then you are up at 1:30 with the baby. Forty-five minutes later, you finally crawl back into bed. Then, at 3:30, you hear the baby again. This time you are up for two hours. You know how it goes. Of course, the rest of your children decide today is a great day to beat the rooster awake. You know, right?
That was last night for us. I’m so thankful this morning, for my hubby, who took the baby downstairs so I could finally get some sleep. When my hubby was able to come back to bed, he mentioned Baby was saying “mama” most of the time he was trying to comfort her…FUNNY, can a 3 month old say “mama”? Well, I’m not sure if she should know that yet, but that’s sure what it sounded like. Lol
So today I have some tips on how to get through those kind of nights. Tips on how to get through those hard mornings. Hard mornings, when you drag yourself out of bed so you can settle a sibling fight first thing.
- Pray, pray, pray. These kind of mornings my prayer sounds like this; ‘Please help me thru this day!’
- Have your time with God. Even if you don’t have time!
- Have a surprise book party; set your children down on the couch with books, give them a little snack, call it a book party, and you go take a refreshing shower or enjoy a few minutes of quietness to pray or read.
- If you do YouTube, this might be a great day to let your children watch a little Curious George or Wild Kratts.
- Odyssey, Odyssey, Odyssey… How many episodes of Adventures in Odyssey can one family listen to in a day? Find out and give the kids some crayons and coloring books.
- If you have a strings of nights like this, call a friend, or relative and ask them to babysit so you can nap. REMEMBER satan wants you to feel all alone! Ask for help and you defeat satan! 🙂
- Give yourself GRACE! You do not have to conquer the dishes, laundry and cleaning all while trying to nurse, diaper and cloth a baby. Especially if you have other children also. Your goal for the day might be something like: keep everyone safe, fed, and clothed.
- Enjoy it! I know, easy to say, hard to do. But really Just.Do.It. I hear these days go by quicker than we want them to.
- ORDER Chinese for supper. (or Pizza, or Mexican, important to just do something easy)
- And last of all, Pray again. Don’t forget to Praise and Thank God, when you’ve made it to the end of a day like this.
What would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below. Your suggestion just might be the one someone needs to hear today.
My devotional book ‘Jesus Calling’ said this for today:
‘I am your strength and shield. I plan out your day and have it ready for you long before you arise from bed. I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing your energy level and wondering about what’s on the road ahead, concentrate on staying in touch with me. My power flows freely into you through our open communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying and you will have strength to spare.’
Wow so perfect!
When we are weak, Christ can be Strong in us!!